Your business comes first!

I can find only three kinds of business in the universe: mine, yours, and God’s. (For me, the word God means "reality." Reality is God, because it rules. Anything that’s out of my control, your control, and everyone else’s control—I call that God’s business.) Byron Katie

I love Byron Katie's work, she walks the talk having gone through a torrid time before finding the path back to self love I can identify with her experiences. Byron talks about staying in your own business because even though we do suggest certain actions and things to our friends and family out of love, it really is out of our business. So I've learnt from this that 90% of people want you to live their idea, many times out of love, other times out of their limited perspective on what life SHOULD be. What I have also learnt is that you have to live your own idea, walk your own path, do your own learning because Spirit gave the dream, the gift, the life to you and you alone, there's no one else like you.

So what did I learn?

While I am minding your business, who is minding mine? While I am suggesting how you should live, what you should do where you should go how it should be in your life, who's seeing about my stuff? Mind your own business, see about your life, live your own dream, walk your own path because when you spend time in other people's business your business remains undone! I've also learnt that God's business is not mine either, why argue and complain about God's businesses, mind my own! To think that I know what's best for anyone else is to be out of my business. Even in the name of love, it is pure arrogance, and the result is tension, anxiety, and fear. Do I know what's right for me? That is my only business. Let me work with that before I try to solve problems for you.
Peace!!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism