Blessed to have another........


There is no need to be restless or anxious, concerned about whether I will make it or when I will make it. I will. That is all I need to know. It is accomplished already, and I can travel this illusory journey in peace knowing that in reality it is already over. ACIM



Yesterday my mum told me that while she was pregnant with me that she read loads of books on Africa and was quite interested in its culture and she is not surprised that I ended up coming here on more than one occasion and deciding to stay for an extended time (Explains the African name too maybe??) I really learn something new every day. That’s just something random that I learnt that I thought I would share.

I’ve travelled all over the world, I have been extremely blessed to have the privilege to see many countries and work with some awesome women however, there is a feeling that I cannot describe when I am here and the only other place that makes me feel better is being in Trinidad and Tobago! Its a soul calling, a joy from deep down, like I am contributing to something bigger than myself. It is also an overwhelming feeling also which makes me question whether I am doing my best in service to where I am.

I am in the midst of some scenes here that I am struggling to understand why are there still people living in such conditions! I step out my place onto the mud roads  and mud huts or homemade brick houses in Mbuya District and ask myself why? But the even more baffling thing is that many of them are quite happy, there is a sort of freedom that they exude. I love how they tell me listen we got to get on with it and do our best. We will do it for our children.

 

So what did I learn today?

So I was more or less complaining about a shower curtain and microwave on Tuesday morning to now be grateful for what I have because I have quite a lot. Things, things and more things! Me, me and more me! Let’s move out of that mode.Everything that I take for granted is a blessing! Everything that I  need is right where I am. Do less acquiring and pay attention to what I have!
Here's to the journey!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism