Kampala Day 2!


Challenges come so we can grow and be prepared for things we are not equipped to handle now. When we face our challenges with faith, prepared to learn, willing to make changes and if necessary, to let go, we are demanding our power be turned on. Iyanla Vanzant is an author, speaker and just ah boss!
 

Second day in Kampala! I arrived in Kampala two days ago and immediately upon entering the airport you feel the scorching heat! The airport, just as I remember, busy busy busy and hot hot hot! I collected my things and they were waiting to meet me on the outside. Still at least one hour’s drive to Kampala from Entebbe. I was driving into the unknown literally. I knew I had a place to stay but that’s about all  that I knew.
I asked David, the driver, where are you taking me now. He says to Victoria Seeds office in Kampala and then you will get all your details. Ok then he don’t have a clue either!
The drive was easy enough, “dust and jam” is all David was saying. The roads are not paved all the way its dirt and dust and there is always traffic jams on the road so David says when you are driving on a long journey they say yes let’s go “dust and jam”! Interesting!!

I get to the office and they say to me your flat is ready minus a few little things.  I think before I ask “like what” she says oh there is no curtains and the refrigerator is new and the wrong voltage. Ok I can live with that!
I’m driving to the flat with David and we get to a place where there are no more roads, its like a track and I am saying ok think positive, whatever it is you can handle it. Drive through some dire spots I mean dire and then onto my flat, which is pretty darn nice minus a few things which I will sort out in time!

I have to get my head around some of the living conditions here for many of the local citizens, I mean it’s part of the reason I am here but it’s a head trip for me to see it!! I keep thinking what can I do in my own small way to make this better for someone, somebody! I will figure it out!
In the meantime, to the journey!!

So what did I learn today?
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will

Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism