Myself, Myself and Others!!

We do not meet and become involved with people as the result of some random process. Each of us generates patterns of energy that attract particular people into our lives. Try to view your relationships as "spiritual messengers" bringing to you revelations about your strengths and weaknesses, and providing valuable lessons on your path to consciousness.
Your challenge is to form and maintain relationships that support your development, to rescript unhealthy relationships, and to release those that limit growth. This is not about judging others; it's about honoring the lessons that relationships can teach you--having the courage to respond clearly to their lessons. Carolyn Myss author of Anatomy of the Spirit
 
I had a thought in my head that I would spend an extended period with myself by myself as a way of not just determining my patterns but truth be told I just was plain ole scared! I was scared of being thought of as weak and spineless by my friends  for putting up with the things that were going on in my marriage and I was scared of getting involved with anyone because of the fear of being hurt.

So I made up my mind early and said OK its going to be a time of solace! So I set off on the journey and spending loads of time with myself has been great, I will not change anything for the world but of course the when the student is ready the teacher appears! Whilst in that process I learnt that what others thought of me is none of my business!
I'm doing all this travelling meeting all these phenomenal women who are doing awesome things and they always seem to ask me certain questions that makes me think long and hard.
 
She said to me you will learn so much more about yourself, your growth and how far you've come by interacting with people and having human relations! No amount of chanting and singing cumbaya in your room is going to let you know whether you have grown or know how far you have come! Relationships are containers for growth!
hmmmmm!
Got me to think you cannot learn about yourself if you are  always staying within the safe confines of the familiar, you must step into unknown worlds which may feel unsettling. The lesson will repeat itself over and over until I recognise it and make better choices. Maybe all I am doing is delaying the lesson.
 
So what did I learn today?
 
Our lives mirror back to us what we need to know about out being that is in line with what we are doing. No better way than to learn through our relationships be it work, family, and intimate relationships. The longer you prolong the lesson the longer it takes to learn it! Step out and be courageous and remember that all things are lessons that God will have us learn. Have the courage to get in there and trust yourself to make decisions and guess what? You always have the right to make another choice! When you can trust that you love yourself, care for yourself, have enough honor and respect for yourself that you will not allow other people to harm you, then you can succeed in any relationship....It doesn't mean that somebody won't hurt you again. It means that when they do, you will know what to do.... You will not let that destroy you. So with this new lesson learnt I'm ready to step out!
Peace!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism