New Worlds and Different Points of View


Life is essentially a learning experience. Every situation, challenge and relationship contains some message worth learning or teaching to others – Carolyn Myss


There are some things that I will never understand but just have to accept. Acceptance does not mean I agree or like it but I recognise and acknowledge its existence. So I don’t get the disparities that I see every day here, many of the basic things that I take for granted, sometimes those I feel that  I even have a sense of entitlement, are nonexistent! Running water, electricity, roads, education.  And what I’ve learnt is that complaining about it doesn’t change it , it just brings more of the same.  I visited a “boarding” school, so when I heard I was going to visit a “boarding school” immediate thoughts of pristine and clean uniforms, manicured gardens, well equipped classrooms came to mind. Well at least I got manicured gardens! I grew up with the thought that education was free and a right! It ain’t here at most of these schools! Everyone I see is a mirror of me!

So what did I learn today?
Open up to new worlds and different points of view. Begin reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really stand for. I’ve learnt to discard the doctrines and values you’ve outgrown, or should never have bought into to begin with. I’ve learnt that there is power and glory in creating and contributing and you stop manoeuvring through life merely as a “consumer” looking for my next fix. I’ve learnt that principles such as honesty and integrity are not the outdated ideals of a bygone era, but the mortar that holds together the foundation upon which I must build a life.
Peace!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism