Power Play


I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as part of life- specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unknown and I have gone ahead despite the pounding of my heart saying turn back turn back you’ll die if you venture too far  Erica Jong author and teacher

 
Today there was no electricity! I knew that this is a part of life here but since getting here I’ve been lucky and became complacent so I was so not ready for the power outage, literally!!!
It was a tad bit scary to be quite honest because it was pitch black and I live alone! So I said ok you cannot control this outage, what you can do is control your response to it. You can be fearful and worry or choose not to be! I went to the Bamboo shed had my fill of football and then when I returned I went on the balcony, only to see the brightest moon and most beautiful stars, I stood there watching it thinking I haven’t done this possibly in years! What a beautiful sight!
You see, I’ve learnt that there are things that we have no control over and the power of choice dictates how you see and perceive your circumstances, I chose to be positive about it and forgive myself for being slack about being prepared for the power outage.

So what did I learn today?
Much of our power is found in the choices we make and the actions we take! Choose well and always, always go for the joy!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism