Time to live according to my purpose!

We are taught to look for happiness in things and people. We are indoctrinated to seek peace in what we are doing, rather than in who we are! Most of us are trained to be dependent, irresponsible,expecting others to create our happiness. We live according to roles,as opposed to purpose. (from the book Tapping the Power Within)

I love Tapping the Power Within, the truth in those pages speak to me especially on this journey! It proved to me that it is right on the money in an encounter I had yesterday. Taking the advice from my ladies I decided that I would open up a bit, feel the fear and do it anyway and walk the talk! I'm having a conversation with a newly found friend and I started getting anxious based on where the conversation was headed. Then it dawned on me, how on earth can we expect other people to to be responsible for our happiness, it really is quite irresponsible of me to give away my power like that. My happiness depends on me so if I am in situation that is not to my liking I have a choice to leave, to make another choice. What I have learnt is that it is up to me to walk with a full cup! what that means is that I cannot turn up broken, needy, dishonest and the lot and expect someone else to fix that and "make" me happy. I attract to me that which I am, I truly believe that, so show up like that and that is what I will attract. So my responsibility is to work on me and show up without putting the responsibility of my happiness in someone else's hands. Its my responsibility! The other thing I have learnt is looking to get happiness from things is also crazy making behaviour,  it's my ego running amuk! Things are nice and great, I love nice things, but  I have learnt that depending on it solely is setting up myself for short term pleasure.
So what did I learn today?
It is MY responsibility to honor myself and my life.If you are sitting around waiting for anyone to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward. The sooner you get that, the sooner your life gets into gear.
Peace!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism