Change your intention from winning to learning


Our only problem is thinking we have a problem. The thought that "I don't have it yet" is the problem. We need to be enlightened from thinking we need to be enlightened. All that has to change is that thought, and the thought changes nothing, does nothing, because we are always already enlightened, always already happy, always already perfect. God created us that way and we can't change it; all we can do is forget it and pretend we are something else. ACIM

 
I went to Kawanda today, there is a farm facility where crops are grown and tested. It’s a few hours drive outside Kampala, no roads, more like dirt tracks, the facilities out there are pretty rural, I can safely say that I was literally in the bush! So after a long day adnd a long drive I am about 400m away from base, the police, as usual, steps out of nowhere and stops the vehicle, the driver gets out and they are discussing in their language and voices started raising. I put the window down and with my lovely smile I was just about to ask if there was a problem before I can say anything the police man says “Madam, 50,000 please” I keep smiling and my mind is now racing, do I want to be right or do I want to go home? I ask, still smiling “50,000 sir, and what may I ask am I being charged for?” “Madam, 50,000 please you are breaking the law” My mind is still racing and shouting to me, do you want to argue, or do you want to go home? Still smiling, I say ok officer, thank you for letting me know but just for the record, which law exactly am I breaking? He said, your back light does not work? Oh really officer, I am so sorry, I am just a few meters away from base, will you just grant me this one bligh oops, discretion, I promise you it will never happen again as long as I am in this country! He gives me a dirty look, I am still smiling. He says “Madam, let me never catch you again, I am coming to see you there tomorrow for some seeds, make sure you have some” Still smiling, “pull thru officer anytime” What? I mean come and visit anytime you want! Get on your way madam! David gets in the car “Madam they are looking for supper and you denied him” I said don’t you know Viv hasn’t taught me how to cook yet, he can’t get no supper from me!!” I get back to base, the story spread that I got away from the police without paying! Hero status!!
So what did I learn today?
 I’ve learnt that smiling works! I’ve learnt that a power struggle collapses when you withdraw your energy from it. Power struggles become uninteresting to you when you change your intention from winning to learning! Leave your ego at home Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism