Choose the Repsonse


I must create a system or be enslaved by another man’s; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."  - William Blake

Yesterday I was in the Nakawa area, this is a town in Kampala not very far from the City Center.  Being there opened my eyes further on the circumstances that exist for quite a lot of citizens here. I was particularly concerned by the conditions in which they live. I couldn’t help but think what can I do to contribute to the improvement of something, anything. I also felt a strong sense of gratitude for my path including the people who paved the way to make my path easier.

I was very curious about the conditions and started asking questions trying to understand the background and history of how a country with rich natural resources, rich history and strong people are in such a situation. Truth be told I was struggling with the scenes. Time to ask the question what is the lesson here? A Course in Miracles says “your problem is that you try to tell life what it means, rather than allowing life to tell you what it means” I have reached to this point in asking the questions and learning the lesson, what does this mean? How do I proceed and wait for the whispers and listen. All I know is that I have a responsibility to serve, a responsibility to leave here a better place than I met it. I’m not sure how I can do this but I guess that I have to just trust the process.

So what did I learn today?
Byron Katie says it so well, she says “when you argue with reality you suffer” the choice is to create, to think beyond the present circumstances. To add an “AND” to the end of the sentence and experience! That means, the situation is desperate AND there is always something that can be done in any small way!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism