Gulu Day 2


I believe that in some way we breathe together; that is, that at any given moment, the people we are surrounded by are all sharing some mutual experience in some way. Nothing in our lives stands still. Nothing remains the same. Our lives change in the blink of an eye.
Miracles also happen in the blink of an eye – just like that. Carolynn Myss
What did I learn today? Kitikodogo (A new word!!) So I made it to the border, three police stops, kitikodogo, baboons and all!! I watched on as women with babies strapped on to their backs with anything on their heads even a wooden bench walk miles and miles to get to their destination or pumping water at a well (so much for daycare!) Tomorrow I start the training, I am supposed to at the end of this formulate a gender policy which is a challenge I am up for!
Funniest joke though, at the police stop the officer asked about the white madam in the car. I said where? Meaning  me!!! Too funny! Who knew!!?
Here’s to the journey!!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism