Try something new


Relax, and let the fears dissolve. Be at peace, and allow the abundance to flow through you. Ralph Marston

 I did a ten K race yesterday to raise funds for the Budunda region, the aim is to raise enough funds to assist the people of that region to have a clean and decent water supply. When they asked me to do it all the reasons why I shouldn’t do it came up,  Never ran a 10k race before, the sun will be too hot, why me, I have to wake up at 4am how will I? blah blah blah! Then I sat and thought hmm why are you here? You made a commitment to yourself to keep an open mind and a willing spirit and if this is part of what it takes to do your part then suck it up and give it a go! So I did the race, I’m right proud of me! I finished it and had a load of fun and raised some cash for the cause!

So what did I learn today?

 I’ve learnt that there is always something that I can do right where I am with what I have. I have learnt that taking action is always a great way to learn rather than trying to predict the outcome and I have learnt that there is nothing more powerful than a made up mind! Live by intention, not by reaction. Set your standards as high as you can envision, and live each day to surpass those standards. Peace!!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism