Electricity finally came back!


Show up and make your contribution; introduce a novel idea; start that new business; and make your presence known. Make your move now (Les Brown motivational speaker)
 Life out here is always a lesson and adventure. One of the things that I have had to accept is that electricity is not a given! For the past two days it has been in very scarce supply! It finally was restored today. Coming from an environment where it’s a given it did take some getting used to not having constant power! Not being in the situation where you switch on the lights and they work all the time! But I have learnt that when you argue with reality you suffer! The power goes and I moan and groan and say “not again” and the locals watch me and say “what’s the matter madam?” this is our reality!  I admit I do not understand the society here, no running water, intermittent power and basic amenities are not a given! Despite all the challenges there are many people doing their bit to make things better, I know that things will change out here, maybe not in this generation but someday it will. People are waking up!

So what did I learn?
There are some things that I have no control over but I have control over my response and reaction to it!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

your light is extraordinary

Ignorance of the Universal Laws Will Not Exempt the Effects

Day 3 St Kitts and Nevis