Have the courage to become brand new


Feeling abundant surpasses the money in your bank account and transcends what others may think of you. Genuinely feeling abundant and successful is possible when you detach yourself from the things you desire and allow them to flow to you- and through you. Wayne Dyer (author)


One of the best advice I ever received was " do your best, detach from the outcome and let if go, being worried about what will happen next and trying to control it not change anything but the color of your hair" I must confess that I was a planner and control freak! Silently I would play out scenarios in my head of how I will conquer my world. It must happen, I will make it happen how I wanted it and when all is said and done it will be just the way I want it to be!

Being here in Uganda I have had the opportunity to see the meaning of abundance in a totally different way, a life of joy and contentment to many people without all the material trappings that I have for so long thought was what I worked and existed for, the things which say "you made it"! And the Universe is so awesome, this experience has happened to me after I had the experience of losing my steady income, my job, my safety blanket! I see that abundance and prosperity is a state of mind and the Universe is limitless.

I see families without the fancy cars, flat screen TV, kids without nintendo's and IPAD's and they are happy as ever! Their main concern is ensuring that their children have the opportunity to get educated and get out the village so that they can all have a better life! Its a great thing to witness! Yesterday the children were making "toys" out of empty bottles and old tires and the laughter and joy was infectious. I went outside to join in. They said to me "madam, do you know how to make a car from this bottle" "No, I haven't a clue" they laughed at me, said you foreigners eh! 

So what did I learn today?

It is very easy to be tricked by the circumstances of the present moment. But, remember that everything changes! Life is an exercise not in adding, but in constantly letting go of what you know and who you think you are and to have the courage to become brand new. When we fixate on the past, we welcome it into our present moment, which keeps the past alive. When you give up the fight that is when you’ll take flight!
Peace!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism