Lighten up!


"People use the word 'love' a lot of different ways. Take me, for instance. I am often heard saying that I love my mom and dad. I am also often heard saying that I love pizza. What am I saying when I say I love my mom and dad? I'm saying that I care about them. I'm saying that I love spending time with them and that I talk to them every chance I get. I'm saying that if they needed me, I would do every humanly possible to help them. I'm saying that I always want what's best for them. What am I saying when I say I love pizza? Am I saying that I care deeply about pizza? Am I saying that I have a relationship with pizza? Am I saying that if pizza had a problem, I would be there for the pizza? (What? Not enough pepperoni? I'll be right there!) Of course not. When I say I love pizza, I'm just saying that I enjoy eating pizza until I don't want any more pizza. Once I'm tired of the pizza, I don't care what happens to the rest of it. I'll throw it away. I'll feed it to the dog. I'll stick it in the back of the refrigerator until it gets all green and moldy. It doesn't matter to me anymore. These are two very different definition of the word 'love'. It gets confusing when people start talking about love, and especially about loving you. Which way do these people love you? Do they want what is best for you, or do they just want you around because it is good for them, and they don't really care what happens to you? Next time someone looks deeply into your eyes and says 'I love you', look very deeply right back and say, 'Would that be pizza love, or the real thing?"

 

- Mary Beth Bonacci

 Confession time on the journey, humour me for a minute. It would make me very happy to share this journey with someone, that thought entered my mind like a ton of bricks this week. New experiences, seeing new things feels so much better shared! If I have learnt anything it’s that all things are lessons that God would have me learn and to be anxious about NADA! So it got me thinking and my mind was racing away on its own without blinders nor any adult supervision! Then like clockwork the Universe presented a lesson.

At a workshop the discussion about increasing the number of women producing high quality maize seeds for sale and the talk somehow shifted to incorporating the family into the gender training aspect of it. One woman said I don’t think I will want to share these new experiences with my husband, there is no love there it never was. That sparked a whole other conversation on whether there needs to be love involved in not just the marriage especially when most times it is a cultural tradition to be “matched” and whether it matters if love is important in making money!

A Course in Miracles says that there are two emotions, love and fear and fear is just the absence of love. When decisions or acts are not done in or with love most times it is made in fear. Jealousy, anger, feeling of powerlessness, loneliness, ego are all forms of fear! This became evident to me at that workshop clear as ever not just for the reasons many of them do not want the men involved but also for me as a person. I have been making decisions out of fear of being hurt of being wrong, being rejected. Thank you for the lessons again people!!

So what did I learn today?
 One place where putting love first is not always easy is in the area of money. This isn't because the world is that profit, not love, is the bottom line. In a world that is dominated by scarcity, that thought makes sense. In a world where scarcity doesn't even exist, it makes no sense at all.
Putting love first isn't a life of "sacrifice," as many have been taught. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Putting love first means knowing who you are and that you're entitled to miracles. Putting love first means knowing that the universe supports you in creating the good, the holy and the beautiful. It means knowing you're on the earth for a purpose, and that the purpose itself will create opportunities for its accomplishment." --- The Law of Divine Compensation Marianne Willamson

I’ve also learnt to lighten up, open up and have some fun
Peace!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism