Service!


“Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others.” ― (Marianne Williamson author)

I woke up early I like to take a run and watch the sun come up, it’s part of my meditation routine. As usual I open the gate and the yellow bottles catch me! The women mainly are going for or bringing back water. I have my ear phones in and head down deciding what soca I will need to get me through this run, when I raise my head I see a group of girls but what caught my eye was a little girl, she must have been about three or four with her container full of water, bare feet too!. She can barely make it and asked another girl to hold her hand and help her; the girl says my own is heavy too but hold on to my skirt.

I go up to them and ask “you guys need help?” I doubt that I have ever seen such a smile in my life from that little girl! Wow! “yes madam” I take her container and another one from a next little girl and we get to walking up the hill. My word, those containers are heavy!!!
I was thinking, what is it like to send my 3 year old baby to fill water far away with no shoes on these roads?
I walk up the hill drop off the water with them and they were so happy! It felt really good, that little act just made my whole day, just to see the joy on their faces! I will always remember it!

So what did I learn today?
It doesn’t really take much does it? Just one small act can change something! Just asking yourself where can I be a vessel of love today? Where can I be a vessel of love now? This simple shift in how we think can make all the difference in what happens next! Awesomeness all round!!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism