There's work to be done


“In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.” (Marianne Williamson author)

Ok, the power went again, it still out this time to accompany it there’s a heavy rain, thunder, lightning and darkness too! I jumped in my car and as I was driving watching the scenes. The majority of roads are not tarmac so they are muddy and slippery, and the majority of the people have no power. I think to myself, the majority of these issues can be solved so very easily. Got to base, no power there either!!

To be honest, this is the one of the things that, for me, it takes great patience and self talk, for me to deal with while being here. The other is the water situation. Women, many with children strapped to their backs, with yellow containers walking miles to carry water! Every day I come outside and it hits me smack!!!! Now what I have learnt is that I can either be part of the problem or part of the solution! Complaining without taking action or doing something about it, sorry you are part of the problem! So I have been thinking all weekend how do I become part of the solution!!! It’s been on my mind!!

So what did I learn today?

Quit obsessing over what YOU need. Direct your focus and attention and energy toward what you can do.  

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism