Don't attempt to postpone the inevitable!


You run long and hard, you get tired. That’s a fact. Marathoners don’t criticize themselves after a race for being exhausted. They rest. Danielle La Porte

On a Monday morning we sit together and brainstorm and chat about where the business is heading, what decisions need to be made for growth and survival and all that lovely stuff! On this Monday, we were supposed to go to Gulu to work (Gulu is an 7 to 8 hour drive from Kampala). I came in and she said listen let’s keep this Monday thing going, you stay and lead the charge while I head to Gulu, follow me on later.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, let’s keep the momentum going with the Monday sessions”

Just as I settle down to start the session, the phone rings, I do not recognize the number. Well of course not it’s a call to say that she has been arrested along with everyone in the car!

“What????”

I don’t even have to ask why! This time it may be that the friend in the police force does not answer the phone!

We need to arrange to either pay the kiti or go to Court, her views on Kit are clear, she does not pay Kiti to the police!

After five hours she is released, in a surprisingly good mood!

They got me this time chick! I was speeding and all! No getting away! Time to change tactics, if you were there maybe things would have been different your temperament is calm!

So what did I learn today?

Sometimes the hardest thing to do, is what one knows is the only thing that needs to be done.
And we have stubborn streaks within us that fight to the very end. Attempting to postpone the inevitable. Don’t! It catches up with you!

Peace!!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism