Stand up straight!


Stand up straight and realize who you are, that you tower over your circumstances. You are a child of God. Stand up straight. (Maya Angelo, author)

I will do it tomorrow, I will do it when I lose weight or maybe when I get some more cash. I will do it when the kids are grown and gone, or maybe when their exams are over. I will do it when the weather is better or maybe when there is rain so I can stay inside and concentrate. I will do it when I am less stressed out or maybe when I am more stressed out. Or maybe I need to do this but I am not ready, I need to do this but......

Heard these all before? Any of them familiar? Yea my favourite is I will do it tomorrow. No more of that!

What did I learn today?

If you do not understand the world is waiting for you to stake your claim on it, then it is you who will continue to sit on the bench, on the sidelines, wondering and waiting when your time will arrive. Stop waiting. Your time is now. Now is the only time there ever is. Now is the time you can take action. So as soon as you decide to do something and act – helloooooo, it’s now. Note to self: there is nothing more powerful than a made up mind!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism