Back to Town

Be not the slave of your own past

plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old."    
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, was an American essayist, philosopher, poet, and leader of the Transcendentalist movement.

I'm back in the city! This week was quite an adventure. I saw scenes that I have never seen before. I walked with my open mind and willing spirit. I was taken to the school where the 150 girls were abducted and made child soldier's and wives. I heard stories about one of the survivors of that scene!
I saw subsistence farming at its best, every single thing that is grown and reared is eaten, not grown not eaten, Even the local alcohol is made,  in house with "organic materials"

So what did I learn

There's always a way to start over, there's always a new thought, a new way. a new beginning. There is always your choice to be a victim but the power within you cannot be denied once it is unleashed but the choice is yours!
Renewal is a choice!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism