Post Conflict Discussions

Admiration isn't something that can be brokered, sincerity isn't a contractual thing. Danielle LaPorte

Our model for post conflict rehabilitation of women farmers is working well. We have been getting invitations to discuss and share from all over the world. I have been spending this week with the women who really just want to get on with life and provide for their families .

I believe the reason the programme works is because their motto and mind set is self reliance, self empowerment and there are no victims here. One woman asked me if I ever lived through a war. Nope! She said the war stopped schools businesses family life and some people's hope but we are here and rebuilding. 

They laughed at me because I wanted some mangoes and guavas. They told me madam go pick. I picked it and asked them where can I wash it. Hilarious laughter and uproar!

I've learnt that what will matter is the good we did not the good we expected others to do!Peace!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism