The basis of your life is freedom and the purpose of your life is joy


The cosmos doesn’t measure sweat and hours for reward. The cosmos deals in the currencies of joy and satisfaction. (unknown)

I saw this quote this week, I wrote it down, I don’t remember who said it and where I got it. I have gotten into the habit of writing down things that I see that resonate with me. So I got to thinking about it. Why? Because many of us were taught work hard, break your back with hard work and the results will come. And in my mind I know a lot of hard workers, a lot of people who work all the time, they never even take a holiday and if they are taking time off of work its not for a break its to work more at home or to get something done either for someone and with someone.

These people, in my experience, are either complaining about how hard they are working and they are broke. Or they are unfulfilled in what they are doing and it seeps into everything into their life. So what’s the point of working hard then? And that is why this statement spoke to me I have learnt that life is about joy and freedom and many of us deny that in the name of responsibilities, or because they have been taught that its about work hard then die and just plain on lack of self love.

Marianne Williamson says “The basis of your life is freedom and the purpose of your life is joy. The result of that will be never ending expansion. People believe that growth is what they are here for and so they put the emphasis on growth and not on joy”

Doing things to bring us joy and happiness many people approach as a break from work! No, I don’t think the  Universe meant it to be like this! I learnt now that many of the people doing what they love or make joy their main purpose are the most content and peaceful.

You would never ever get an idea in you or a passion or a gift and fail! Believe that!

So what did I learn today?

Go for the joy! Just go for it!

Peace!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism