Who's in your crew?


anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive
is too small for you
—David Whyte, poet

I was asked yesterday, what makes me so passionate about being  here in Uganda so far from home and family? In my mind I didn’t even think of myself as being passionate, I am here just enjoying and soaking up the experience. Growing as a person in so many ways, trusting myself, believing in my abilities and making decisions blocking out the ego. Sometimes I slip back into the old habits but now I become aware of when I am doing it faster than before!

Who do you surround yourself with and why? Do you what brings you alive or are you just dragging along waiting for something to happen? The prize will not be sent to you, you have to go out and win it!

It’s not as hard as you think! I can tell you from taking the risk of being here!

Trust yourself, make the leap

According to Mastin Kipp, we will always find what we go looking for. Who we hang out with is who we become. The environment we live in molds us more than anything else

So what did I learn today?
Surround yourself with people who light a fire in you, who can lift you up, it really is ok to love some people from a distance

Peace!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism