You've got to move on


Sometimes when you have outgrown the people or situations in your life, and you’re not aware, or don’t have the courage to move on ~ life will move on you. You may have been told that your company is going in another direction. You knew it was coming, and you didn’t prepare yourself. Now you are angry, and feel you were wronged. You’ve got to move on. Les Brown

This morning I got to base, one of the ladies pulled me aside. “Madam, people here make me feel like nothing, I do my best and now you want to fire me” I was shocked at first because it was really out of the blue! Then she says to me “I am an orphan I worked hard to get this job” then she burst into tears!

Truth be told, this lady has been really testing the patience of the team, shouting at customers, shouting at fellow workers, threatening to slap and beat them and making a right havoc around the place.

As she stood there weeping and sobbing she kept on saying that it’s not her fault that she does what she does, that she is an orphan and is doing her best. I listened!
When she was done I said, so you think you are nothing? She said yes I am nothing. I said well that explains everything, you behave that way as well. She stopped crying and watched me. She said you mean that I am something?

Yes you are! And start acting like it! You are somebody and you are enough.
She looked at me and asked me who told you that I am somebody?

So what did I learn today?
If you're sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism