Strike and sit in


"What anyone else has or does not have has nothing to do with you. The only thing that affects your experience is the way you utilize the Non-Physical Energy with your thought. Your abundance or lack of it in your experience has nothing to do with what anybody else is doing or having. It has only to do with your perspective. It has only to do with your offering of thought. If you want your fortunes to shift, you have to begin telling a different story."   - Esther Abraham-Hicks, best-selling author.

They left me to “keep an eye on the place” while they made a work related trip up North for one week. Seems easy enough, everyone knows what they have to do! Day one, smooth like ice cream! Day two ice cream still sharing! Day 3, I am inside, “Madam Akosua, they have refused to work” What? What do you mean refuse to work? They have refused. I go outside every man jack sitting down with arms folded! Oh oh it looks like a strike! “What’s going on?” they have refused to work. Why? They will not tell you Madam. So how can I assist if I don’t know what the issues are? Madam they have just refused!
We had to get this order filled that day, the trucks had to leave the compound. Ok, self, what’s the lesson here? I ask again, why are you not working? Same answer we refuse and we cannot tell you. I am getting upset by now, I call Cal inside, we sit down. Cal talk to me? They want more money Madam in simple terms. More money? Well that's not a decision I can make now, all I can do is relay the message and speak on their behalf! We go back outside I start talking, all blank stares. Madam all of them do not speak or understand English. Hmm ok! Who’s going to interpret for me? I speak to them, madam we refuse! We just refuse! Hmmmmmm!
I go and get some strong looking men from outside to load the truck, they come in and start loading the seeds on the truck.
They workers now say they want a meeting with me right away! B, the lady who cooks and takes care of us on the compound comes over to me. I am ranting at her about the situation, everyone always want money money money, she gives me my lesson

I meet with the workers and resolve a way forward and the truck  eventually leaves on time!

So what did I learn today?

You neither have the authority nor the knowledge to judge. You don’t have the right to pass judgement on anyone and this includes yourself! There is nothing helpful about pointing fingers at yourself or other people, Too often you stand in judgement of yourself and your fellow man. You think you know what’s going on, you think you know what happened and you stand ready to pass verdict. You don’t have the knowledge base or the wisdom to do this. You are treating people as though they are expendable because of their actions and deeds! All of us live at our current state of awareness! As each of us do more inner work, our awareness grows, recognise who is aware and then make your decisions, drop the judgement! Peace

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism