Dare to Show up!


“The willingness to show up changes us, It makes us a little braver each time. Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” Brene Brown

So this is the biggest lesson that I have learnt over the past few weeks! Just show up! I will be scared, I will be nervous, I will be apprehensive! But just show up! I will have questions, I will mess up I will stumble, but just show up!  I may need help, I may mash corns and offend people I may get battered, but just show up!
Show up and learn the lessons along the way
I mean, what is the alternative? Really? What is it? Regret, Guilt, Broken dreams? Those alternatives for me suck! The real experience is in the doing not in the talking! There is no arrival point for perfection and perfection is really a form of fear in my perception!
I’m supposed to be doing some pretty “scary things” this month but I am showing up- as me! All of me, authentic and perfectly imperfect!
I also had to convince myself of showing up and Daring Greatly as Brene Brown calls it with the book! The book has a lot of personal stories that I never shared with anyone and now its all out exposed to the world, and I say this not to brag but to make the point that that act empowered me to change the way I think, to also say to myself what if my missteps and mistakes and story can pave the way or make a path for someone else as others have done for me when they had the courage to show up!
When was the last time you showed up as you? When was the last time you just let yourself be seen, be heard? Try it!
So what did I learn today?

Life is always in session, show up ready!

Peace!!

Read Akosua’s new book “What did I learn today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love” available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism