The Awesomeness of Choice


You can change what you see. You don't have to be trapped by it.Nothing has to remain the way it is, and nothing is the way it is forever unless and until you say so. You really are in charge of your day-to-day experience. Really. (Neale Donald Walsh, author)

 
The awesomeness of choice! How bloody awesome is the ability we have to choose? Just imagine at any given moment we can change our mind, and from changing our minds, things follow, in fact according to the Budda, changing your mind causes a change in your life!

 I was thinking about this yesterday, who made me believe or why did I make myself believe that I have to be in a situation for longer than is required, and why? Because of shame, guilt and the dreaded fear? Well that is really not true, there is no martyrdom in staying somewhere, someplace or doing something that doesn’t serve your highest good or your highest self, trust that!! As soon as one makes a decision to serve the soul, to be happy to be the best they can be things fall into place because that is what the Universe wants for you!

All this comes from the interaction I had with one of the ladies who was caught robbing the project blind! The woman has been stealing and smiling! I took the thing personal! Why? I thought that I had invested time and effort into training and changing mindsets and then this! But I made a choice! I chose to look for the good in her, I chose to not take things personally and I chose to look for the lesson in the situation and move on! The ability to choose is a gift!
 

So what did I learn today?

The free will that we are ALL blessed with? Exercise it at any time for your highest good!!

It works

Peace!!


Check out Akosua's new book on
http://bookstore.balboapress.com/Products/SKU-000675720/What-Did-I-Learn-Today-Lessons-on-The-Journey-to-Unconditional-SelfLove.aspx


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism