Trip to the Equator



“Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.”
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


This morning I set off to the Equator line that runs through Uganda! I decided to be courageous and drive there myself, I asked them for directions they looked at me like a mad woman! Madam you are driving to the Massaka Road alone? No, It would be me and my thoughts! Ok Madam, have it your way! They gave me directions! I set off this morning, with my hand drawn map!

About 2 hours into the journey the police stopped me. It was a female cop! She asked me for my driver's permit, I gave it to her
Madam, this permit is expired!
What?
I just got the permit in September
Have a look at the date Madam
I looked at the date, valid for one month! Lesson one, read official documents when given. I must admit I just put the thing away safely, didn't even give it a second notice
Ok officer I apologize I had no idea that I was issued a one month permit
When will you go and renew it madam?
First thing tomorrow morning!
Ok, you can go

Oh before I go where's the Equator line?
That's far! don't speed!
Me? Speed? Never!
Just keep on this road you cannot miss it!

After driving for another hour I come up to the village where the Equator passed through!
Very nice, rustic place
I loaded up on musical instruments they were selling made from animal hides and wood! Can I play them? No!!! But they are pretty

As I was driving I couldn't help but giving thanks for the great opportunity and privilege to be here, I started to fall back in love with the place that I started to resent a bit because of the theft, the corruption and all that good stuff!

So what did I learn today?
Find the good and praise it, find the good and bless it, find the good and be grateful for it
Peace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism