Forgiveness is BIG!!!!!!!


FORGIVENESS MEANS . . . accepting what is or what has been and becoming willing to see it differently. You cannot un-hear what you have heard or un-see what you have seen. What you can do is stop believing that what occurred has somehow left you broken, damaged and wounded. Forgiveness results in a shift in your perception and yourself and . . .everyone else. For this reason, forgiveness is an absolutely essential step toward your personal growth, healing and evolution. YOU MUST DO THE WORK! Iyanla
An excerpt from my recently published book "What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Love"

Forgiveness is huge! It was the transport needed to get me to the

destination of unconditional self love. I honestly believe that without

forgiving and forgiveness the journey takes longer and is definitely

bumpier. In fact if you haven’t packed forgiveness you might as well

stay at home! It’s really that huge! Forgiveness is not condoning the act

but it is clearing the slate clean for a new beginning, its getting rid of

dead weight and relieving you of unwanted burdens. One of the best

definitions of forgiveness I heard was from Oprah “Forgiveness is giving

up the wish that the past could be different” the past is gone, let yourself

off the hook, let the other person off the hook and move on. I started

the journey and left forgiveness at home, not for Jay but for everyone.

It was a challenge, let me tell you, I was so focused on winning, on

looking good, keeping up the fake funk I never even paid attention to

the anger that I had raging inside!

In my life up to then anger was a bad thing, growing up showing anger

well forget it, there would be a whipping no questions asked, then

getting with Jay thought that getting angry was ghetto, there would be

no anger scenes around him its either we discuss it rationally or not at

all! So anger was not a huge feature in my world, and so I had to find

other ways to express myself in the angry moment. This approach has

helped me somewhat in my life as reaction is not a huge feature in how

I approach situations on the f lip side though not expressing my feelings

took a toll on my psyche and confused the hell out of me. I would not

advise it for relationships though. Have the courage to express your

feelings, to say what you need and then make a choice based on the

response.
Peace!!!

Please come along and share your journey with me on my new author's Facebook page! Like, share, love, share, comment, share!!
https://www.facebook.com/AkosuaDardaineEdwards

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism