Be willing to let go of something old and grab on to something new


Sometimes you have to be willing to let go of something old to grab onto something new. You have to be willing to let a part of you die that you used to be comfortable with in order for another part of you to be born. Lisa Nicols



I was thinking today about how things really happen when they are supposed to happen - ok when you are ready to receive  or when you need it, not when YOU THINK you need it, when you actually and really really do need it! So if you aren't ready to receive or not ready for a different perspective, no amount of forcing, pushing, begging and pleading will make it happen! What is for you is for you and it happens in divine timing, All of that is to say this, when I was going through my denial of how my life was crashing over a cliff, and the proverbial shit was hitting the fan, I sat down one day and said " What exactly do you want? What exactly would I want given the situation that I cannot control?" It took me two weeks to answer myself but after that time I knew I wanted to serve a purpose instead of making profits for a corporation that just cared more about money and less about people.

Part of wanting what I now wanted three years ago sent me to see someone, who is now a mentor, at his offices in Port of Spain, he took one look at me and said do you know what is your purpose? I didn't have a clue what he meant at the time, all I know was that I wanted to work with him. We kept talking and I never worked for him, now 3 years later I'm minding my own business and I get a call, come work with me for the rest of the week I need you all day Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! What?? 3 years later? I will be there bright and early! Nothing before it's time!

So just thought I would share that
Get ready, be ready to receive, be clear about what you want and see how things fall in place! Sounds simple but hey, most things are, we just make them complicated!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism