Sharing thoughts on my favourite author

"When you give to others to the degree that you sacrifice yourself, you make the other person a thief." —Iyanla Vanzant, paraphrasing A Course in Miracles



Pearl Cleage is my absolute favourite author, I love her work! I love the authenticity, the realness, the vivid pictures she paints, the stories and issues that she touches! I remember discovering her work one random day in New Orleans walked into a bookstore and they had her as the featured author with readings and specials on her book  "What looks like crazy on an Ordinary Day", I picked up the book and opened it and as they say the rest was history! I have followed her work ever since!

So much to my delight she has penned another book, her story, authentic and business all out there for the world to see "Things I should have told my Daughter", awesome, awesome and more awesome. These are the thoughts of one reviewer
"I also feel this book a reminder for all women to openly communicate and document our thoughts and feelings so that our future generation of children will understand how far we had to go in order to overcome life's challenges."
Made me feel even better writing mine!
I'm reading Pear Cleage all weekend!
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism