I am not a body, I am free

I am not a body. I am free.The ego holds the body dear because it dwells in it, and lives united with the home that it has made. It is a part of the illusion that has sheltered it from being found illusory itself.Freedom must be impossible as long as you perceive a body as yourself. The body is a limit. ACIM


I probably mentioned to you before, and forgive me if I did, that I chose to train for a half marathon and stared  the training programme! Now truth be told, running is not my favorite thing. I chose to do this as a way of getting fitter and disciplining my mind. I learnt so far that running is a mind thing! A Course in Miracles, one of my favorite books, says, " I am not a body, I am free" and I think about that when I am running because our bodies are vehicles, it allows us a space to be housed while we are here in this form and for some reason we take this for granted and abuse it by eating things that are not healthy for us consistently, and all the other forms of neglect and abuse we do with alcohol, drugs and stimulants. My granma tells me "child, moderation, everything in moderation" I'm not saying this as a judgement but just it hit me this morning that my body is part of the vehicle to transport me in this time and space and I need to reflect that in my actions, today is the start of some new eating habits, believe that!!
The other thing I learnt this weekend was that the awareness. lessons and consciousness that I have gained over the past year ain't worth squat if when the shit hits the fan I resort to the old ways of thinking! the reason why I am doing all of this is to cope with situations in a way which let's me deal with situations when they arise without losing my mind, resorting to unhealthy solutions and flipping out! No amount of yoga, meditation, positive thinking will be useful if I am unable to deal with challenges as they occur and Newsflash people, this is real life and the challenges come up with shit hitting fan ever so often! So when they come up I am able to tap in, to talk to myself and say "chic, what's the lesson here, what tool can I use, get back to some space of love" or something along those lines! Occasionally I slip and there are bags of chocolate almond wrappers on the bed next to me LOL! 
So what do you tap into when shit hits fan?
Peace!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism