Be free to sit inside and quietly love


If you aren't so preoccupied with trying to be okay, you will be free to sit inside and quietly love, serve, and honor whatever naturally unfolds in front of you. When you reach this point, you are no longer living for yourself. You are interacting with life, but not for the purpose of being okay.Micheal Singer


Ok, the best book I have read this year is by Michael Singer called the Untethered Soul. The book pulled at every single one of my strings! So much good stuff in that small book! I must have reread every chapter about three times! Michael Singer talks about letting go, our relationship with our thoughts and awareness! I now have a totally different view on what letting go! I decided that I will practice his concept of letting go, which in my own mind I interpreted as opening my heart and letting things pass through rather than holding on to it, analysing it and then storing it for future use! Useless really! Why store stuff for no reason and then bring it up again when triggered?
So, for example, if something is bugging me, I let it go, one time, no sticking ( as we say in the local palance) right away I let it go, opening my heart refusing to keep it to avoid feeling uncomfortable, pain, or uncertainty! I just let it go! And presto, the feeling goes, when a new situation comes up, its a new attitude, not all the old crap from before that's been adding up forever! Feels pretty darn good!

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism