Feel it and get the prize

"I gave myself permission to feel and experience all of my emotions. In order to do that, I had to stop being afraid to feel. In order to do that, I taught myself to believe that no matter what I felt or what happened when I felt it, I would be okay."

- Iyanla Vanzant 


Do you run from your feelings? Like for example you feel so happy and light and free and awesome and you pull pack and say oh oh this is just too much it's not real and you suppress it? Or you feel like people around you will get a little ticked off at your happiness and joy? 

Hey, guess what! Feel the feelings! Feelings are there for a reason and no one has to give you permission to feel them! And if they are ticked off you are happy then they need to come off your bus! 

And the opposite also works, if you feel sad and crappy sit in it for a bit, it will pass and its a sign, pay attention to the sign!

Feel the feelings, feel the joy, feel the pain, feel the awesomeness, feel the hurt they are all part of this wonderful thing called life
I have learnt when I feel the feelings I get the prize!
Peace!!


Look out soon for my new book "Nyabo (Madam) Why are you here?" 
Coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism