What is Joy?


Go ahead and let the spirit of joy has its way with you! David Rudder




If anyone asked me the question what is Joy, my standard response would be an internal feeling coming from within that transcends happiness, and I can tell you what gave me joy! But wow, I think that I have seen joy in the flesh last night!

I went to Junior Panorama, this is a competition based in Trinidad and Tobago during the carnival season where children under the age of 16 play the steel plan, the national instrument of the country!

I stood there watching an eight to ten year old pan players and I started to weep! They were sending out an energy that I cannot even explain! Tears just kept falling I felt so much joy to see their joy! It is something, a feeling I haven't experienced in a long long long time! The kids were looking at me like I'm a mad woman, standing there crying while they were so happy! That for me was joy!
And just randomly I ended up there! Didn't even plan it! So this as well made me swell with gratitude that I was led to see this outpouring of joy and happiness and freedom!

It was the best moment of the year so far for me!
Give thanks

Peace!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism