You will make mistakes

Any voice that you have that attacks you in any way is not your highest self – Elizabeth Gilbert
My phone rang, I did not notice the number, I answered and a woman identified herself as one who purchased my book last week that she didn't know me personally, she went on to say that she found numerous typos and my
grammar was poor. She then asked if this is the final copy and would I be able to pull it from the shelves 
and reprint. 
She went on to say that she was a school teacher who was planning to write a book and do some other passion
projects when she has decided which one is best. I told her , I was unable to pull it off the shelf and so be it, thank you for the feedback! She seemed shocked and appalled! 

I sat down after the call, admittedly feeling like crap! I went over in  my head, I had 3 editors, 3 do overs and 
still there were mistakes! Wow! What could I have done differently? How did I miss them?
Then it hit me! We are human, humans make mistakes, humans have off days and in there , in the mistakes are
 beautiful lessons which I can learn. I also read a post by another writer called Tony Gaskins and he put it nicely, 
people make mistakes, get over it, learn from it and move on. No matter how hard you try to avoid them, mistakes 
happen.



That's life in a nutshell and here is what I learned..
1.You will make mistakes.
2. You can't wait until the perfect time to do something because there is no such thing as the perfect time.
3. You have to do the best you can when you can.
4. People are waiting for you to make a mistake but it's better to make mistakes than to do nothing.
5. Learn from the mistakes of others to minimize your own.
6. Don't be afraid of mistakes. Mistakes are human.
7. You'll make some mistakes that no one will catch, but it's better to have people watching for your mistakes than no one watching at all.
8. Mistakes will make you better.
9. Even those you pay to do it right will make mistakes because they are human too.


Be ok making mistakes because if you're making mistakes that means you're making things happen.

Peace!



https://twitter.com/LaCasaAzulBooks/status/600346574854758400

La Casa Azul, the historic Harlem bookstore awaits!! So excited about this opportunity!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism