So speak your truth, but soothe your words with peace

It has been said that "the truth hurts," but the exact opposite is true. No truth is too hurtful, and no lie is harmless. Because every truth opens your heart to another, and every lie separates it.  Yet know this: The way you say your truth can be hurtful.
So speak your truth, but soothe your words with peace.
Right now Neale Donald Walsh

Have you ever had a conversation with someone that after that conversation you felt like a truck ran over you? Like you were flattened by a steam roller? You know what they are saying is true but the deliver, oh the delivery, was oh so extremely brutal! When I see the truck coming or the bulldozer I tend to run. Yes, I said it, I run and I run fast, in the opposite direction! I've now learnt to slow down and back up because there is valuable information in there and the person delivering it is most times crying out to be heard! 
So how do you deliver "the truth" do you drive in with the big truck or do you take the approach of serving it with honey? Either way it is being delivered and that maybe is your role, the delivery. I think there are some people like me who will run when they see the truck coming, but if you can control the ego long enough to hear what is being said you may realize that people usually say to you the same things you silently say to yourself. And that's a message to you, how do you speak to yourself because that my friends sets the tone on how people approach you. Pay attention, this may be of use, then start speaking to yourself differently, set some boundaries and know that the truth is always valuable information.
Peace
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism