Give thanks for this shedding of the old!

"You had your life focused on something that didn’t belong to you, and a path that didn’t belong to you. You locked in on something that did not belong  to you, someone that didn’t belong to you. You didn’t let go of a yesterday that didn’t belong to you. You hung on to a rage that did belong to you, and you wouldn’t let it go. You lost track of being here.
To bring in your desired newness, you must first allow old parts of your life to fall away. These changes are to be celebrated, not feared.
Give thanks for this shedding of the old!
Embrace all of the lessons it brought, and then let it go!
Be giddy with excitement at the newness of the gifts that are now being bestowed upon you, and let their magic surprise and delight you.” Carolyn Myss

Carolyn Myss is one of my absolutely favorite teachers, simple and straight to the point, sometimes like a school principal to get the point across.  You lost track of being here.
Where are you in the moment? Are you here? Or over there somewhere? I keep reminding myself of that
Today I practiced that when I realized I was drifting and the results were so awesome. Fully present in the moment, unafraid and ready to take it all in. In the forest, with the Rosehall Development Group, a group of young people who decided that they wanted to improve their lives by staying in their community and use what they have. A village with a rain forest, rivers and waterfalls
What can we do with what we have they asked, how bloody inspiring to me!
What can we let go of to make way for the new - mainly old customs that no longer served them, how many of us are holding on to things that are expired, stale, past it, growing mold,
I can testify to that. I want what I want and I am not letting go! Let it go mate! You gotta let it go so you can grow, just breathe




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism