I chose and I am proud

I chose peace over chaos and I am proud of my choice.
I chose spirituality over materialism and I am proud of my choice.
I chose to dream more dreams rather than to live a nightmare and I am proud of my choice.
I chose to embrace real life rather than get lost in a fantasy and I am proud of my choice.

Natalie Stewart

So I rented a car from the airport, they were supposed to have the car ready for when I get in. They had the wrong day and there were no cars available at the time and may not have for a while "they didn't know as it was a busy time but we apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to get you one as soon as possible" I stood there and had to make a choice. What would it be? I want to maintain my peace and I want to let them know I was also quite disappointed having made these arrangements well in advance. So I said to the guy very calmly "I am quite disappointed, can I get a car and how long will it take I know shit happens I want to maintain my peace and leave here with a car"  He stopped for a few seconds and said "thank you I appreciate your patience I will make you one happy lady with a car as soon as possible" I was out of the airport in just under 2 hours, tired but peaceful. Choices and consequences
This morning, the same car, broke down I was on my way to run, I called the company, same guy, he had a litany of excuses,I was getting annoyed, my voice started raising and then it clicked, what is the best choice right now? I stopped and told him the same thing " I am disappointed AGAIN and I require a car, what say you?" He brought a replacement and said, to me "I was expecting a serious blowout, we keep disappointing you" 
I told him, this ain't about you bro! But be prepared for consequences!
So what choices have you made that you are proud of?
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism