No one can give if he is concerned with the result of the giving.

It is not the function of God’s teachers to evaluate the outcome of their gifts. It is merely their function to give them.
Once they have done that they have also given outcome that is part of the gift.
No one can give if he is concerned with the result of the giving.
That is a limitation of the giving itself, and neither the giver nor the receiver would have the gift. Trust is an essential part of giving in fact it is part that making sharing possible. The part that guarantees the giver will not lose but only gain,
Who gives a gift and then remains with it, to be sure it is used as the giver deems appropriate
Such is not giving but imprisoning

It is relinquishing of all concern about the gift that makes it truly given and it is trust that makes true giving possible ACIM

A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is one text that has me thinking, scratching my head sometimes, and even smiling to myself other times using some choice language.
The Course talks about our function is to give the gift and move on- as soon as we become concerned about what the receiver does with the gift, how they respond to getting the gift,the ego has been called into the equation.
Listen, I struggled with this concept for a long long time - are they saying I must give a gift and then do not give two hoots? You mean to say that I really must just leave it and do not care? No way hosay. I may have spent sooo much time, effort and money and the receiver shows no appreciation, no gratitude, nothing!??
And then I said, as the Course recommends " I am willing to see this differently" - let me practice this concept with no judgement.
OMG - the stress eliminated was enormous, I give a talk, a tithe, a compliment, a thank you, a good morning and let go, no expectations - stress eliminator I tell you - thinking about other people's response and reactions-forms very little basis on how I now give. I give my best because my gift is for giving - and that is all
What we do and how we act says something about who we are- at that moment. Our state of mind, our thinking, our self respect - this has nothing to do with the giver- so give it up. 
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism