The Body is a means not an end

The body can bring you neither peace nor turmoil; neither joy nor pain. It is a means, and not an end. It has no purpose of itself, but only what is given to it. The body will seem to be whatever is the means for reaching the goal that you assign to it. Only the mind can set a purpose, and only the mind can see the means for its accomplishment, and justify its use. Peace and guilt are both conditions of the mind, to be attained. And these conditions are the home of the emotion that calls them forth, and therefore is compatible with them. ACIM

Running this morning  at 5,45 AM was a challenge, I was not only sleepy but kept things on my mind which really had no right being brought into a new day- but I choose to kept it because I believed I could fix it. Our decision was to run 4.87 miles (or 7.5k). I started off with a little kick, thinking the faster I do this the faster I get over it. At about the one mile mark I wanted to stop and go sit down somewhere - no scratch that, lie down somewhere, anywhere! the pavement looked like a king size mattress with fluff pillows

I decided to use on the lessons I learnt on the journey, your mind is a tool, it can be used for your good purpose
I started saying "come on Yak, come on!" at first I was answering, who are you fooling, just stop and walk
No, come on, come on
I was having a proper conversation, I kid you not
Then I decided to continue and even bring in the Serena scream of "Come ON" - this is a loud scream where fist pumps are mandatory
Before I realized it I was seeing the end of the run - damn this thing works!
Today, I will use my mind for a good purpose, especially when I want to stop and throw a strop!
If it can work at 545am on a run, why can't it work anywhere else?
Stay tuned
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism