Get it Together

One shot to your heart without breaking your skin
No one has the power to hurt you like your kin
Kept it inside, didn't tell no one else
Didn't even wanna admit it to yourself
And now your chest burns and your back aches
From 15 years of holding the pain
And now you only have yourself to blame
If you continue to live this way

Get it together
You wanna heal your body
You have to heal your heart
Whatsoever you sow you will reap
Get it together

India Arie

What I absolutely love about me taking responsibility for my life is that I get to choose how to move forward, I need not depend on anyone to make that choice. This is not to say that I will not require support and a village, it just says that I don't have to outsource my happiness, and my own choices
You see, outsourcing it allows for blame, and blame takes away accountability and responsibility.
Own it
Live it
Feel it
Be responsible and do the work
Watch how your body heals,watch how your relationships heal, watch how you trust in the process rather than trying to control it when you do this simple formula
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism