Do you know your Love Language?

Our most basic emotional need is not to fall in love but to be genuinely loved by another, to know a love that grows out of reason and choice, not instinct. I need to be loved by someone who chooses to love me, who sees in me something worth loving. That kind of love requires effort and discipline. It is the choice to expend energy in an effort to benefit the other person, knowing that if his or her life is enriched by your effort, you too will find a sense of satisfaction—the satisfaction of having genuinely” 
― Gary ChapmanThe Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate

The book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman fascinates me, confessions on the journey - I did not know that people express their love , show and receive their "love" differently. Who knew?
This revelation opened my eyes so much not just on how I express my love but how I interpret how my signficant other and even some of my friends love.

I am not what one would call "the mushy type" where I am all over you like white on rice or the public displays of affection type but I will show you by the things I commit to and be there for you ride or die style and for me I want a ride or die asw well, if you say you will do something and when, please do it! and loyalty, oh yea, I love loyalty. And so seeing that we are all different in the ways we express and receive love was truly n eye opener. I am now able to accept a lot more the differences that are shown to me and pay attention to something other than what I want. Knowledge is truly a super power when it is embraced and used.

So what is your love language?
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism