How Do You Express Your Truth?

You cannot take responsibility for how well another accepts your truth, you can only ensure how well it is communicated
And by how well I don't mean how clearly
I mean how lovingly, how compassionately, how sensitivelym how courageously and how completely. Neal Donald Walsh

You want something, you have a goal, you set a goal, a date, expectations with a team, a group or even in a relationship and none of these are met
What do you do?
How do you communicate this information?
How do you respond?
Do you communicate this? Can you?

How do you respond when someone pisses you off?
Do you react? Shout? Pout? Withdraw?
Do you communicate those feelings?

I have learnt that it is my responsibility to own my feelings and communicate them in a way I would want it communicated with me
My truth is my truth and it is up to me to not only live it but to communinicate it
Being afraid to say or live your truth to avoid "conflict and drama" to keep people happy, to face possible unpleasantness is a receipe for resentment and bitterness.
Remember it is not about how well the message is received but how well it is sent.
How are you living your truth?

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism