My Joy List

It is your moral duty to be happy Neale Donald Walsh

Yesterday was one of those days, you know the type where you have to pull out all of the lessons out of the tool kit, where you want to cuss out someone then cry in the car but know that maybe that the cussing in public might not end up very well for anyone! Where you put on some music in the car after and sing like you're winning. Ever had one of those days?
As I was preparing for bed, I looked back on the day and thought, heck, let's choose 2 things that bring me joy and make me smile and focus on that, and would you know, I came up with a list, by the end of it I was chuckling at some of the memories associated with them and at the randomness of it all
Lesson: look for the light, and.... know what brings you joy
So here are some of the things that bring a smile to my face, a joy to my heart and a passion to my being
I call it my JoyList
1.  Watching Arsenal Football Club play - if it's live even better, if it is a North London Derby well pure orgasmic feels

2. Walking on a beach, barefoot and feeling the sand between my toes

3. World Cup Football - OMG!

4. Spending time liming with my cousins and aunts talking and laughing

5. Travelling, waking up in another country

6. Speaking in front of a crowd, sharing lessons on the Journey

7. Sitting at my grandma's kitchen table talking while he makes bake and pumpkin and bodi

8. Jouvert Morning on Mucurapo Road - seeing the sun come up, mud on my body and my friends around

9. Essence Festival Empowerment Stages - filing up on inspirational talks

10. Sitting in a book store, mostly Barnes and Noble, reading and drinking coffee

11. Seeing Mary J Blige and Jill Scott perform live

What are yours?
Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism