Old Me...This me

While burying negative or uncomfortable feelings can numb the pain, it also may inevitably dull your ability to experience your more positive and pleasurable feelings. You may find yourself afraid to open up in the future for fear of getting hurt. The feelings we deny aren’t limited to anger and sadness. Suppressing our happiness or excitement can be just as unhealthy. In learning how to express your intense emotions in a healthy way, you are giving yourself the freedom to fully experience the more joyful emotions that come with being alive.

The old me would leave it to fester, to bury it in the bowels far far away
This me, I write it out, cry, do some exercise, talk a little more
The old me would say nothing to be liked and avoid "seeming conflict"
This me would say something as kindly as I can
The old me may have not taken responsibility or find blame
This me has decided that it's all me, I am responsible for my life
The old me would not even be wrting about this 
This me says sharing lessons on the journey teaches me and wants others to know that we are all connected
The old me would look for a saviour
This me knows that I can save myself
What are your old me, this me stories?
Share

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism