Who Are You Becoming?

I think there is a lot you learn from what has happened to you, what you have had to confront, not how many books you have read about leadership, not how peaceful the environment you have grown up in. Those difficulties, that kind of a situation I think explains the conditions you are operating under or things you face, if you have made the choice to deal with it Paul Kigame

One of my friends says many times that the proof is in the pudding, not being one to fancy pudding I always chuckled at it and responded that I guess I will not be finding the proof because I will not touch the stuff. Stale jokes to really make the seriousness of a matter lighter
Nothing beats experience, nothing beats going in and taking action, going through the fire. Nothing
The books, the courses, the YouTube vidoes, the Internet and social media will provide information and guidance however, the experience of putting it into the action trumps it all.  The choices you make, the reactions that you have and the lessons are all different when one has gone through the experience, it brings out qualities in you that you never thought you had.

Many times I wanted to achieve a goal, I went in gung ho researching what was required. And then I would embark on the journey to get it. The research helped but nothing subsituted for the mindset that I achieved, the discipline, the boundaries I had to set all far outweighed anything that I read or learnt in a book or a class or online. That information was only a platform and aid. Sometimes all the book/research learning did not even apply, intutition and common sense and drawing from other experiences had to come into play
All this to say, jump in, make the mistakes, you don't have to know everything about the situation, who are you becoming?
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism