Being Vulnerable is Being Open

"Vulnerability is the only authentic state. Being vulnerable means being open, for wounding, but also for pleasure. Being open to the wounds of life means also being open to the bounty and beauty. Don’t mask or deny your vulnerability: it is your greatest asset. Be vulnerable: quake and shake in your boots with it. the new goodness that is coming to you, in the form of people, situations, and things can only come to you when you are vulnerable, i.e. open.” Stephen Russell


This morning my routine was thrown off. I woke up at 5am as per usual to go for a run. I got off the bed started getting ready and could not leave the house, I lay back down on the bed and decided to sleep to get away from the dread that I was feeling. I realised that I was scared, plain ole scared to go to run. It was at that point that I realised that I never dealt with the feelings associated with being robbed last week. I automatically went into fix it mode, into finding solutions, no time to dwell!
How many times have we done this? moved on and not dealt with the feelings associated with an event. What happens is we take it into another situation, sometimes every situation. Feel the feelings, I truly believe that and I did not do that last week. I pushed the feelings behind mainly due to fear and not wanting to take responsibility for my part in what happened.
But once I sat in the feelings today, it left me, I felt lighter, I felt ready, I felt empowered, so much so that I will be heading for a run tomorrow, trust that!

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism