Turning up on Purpose

"When I think of all the disappointments of the past I just laugh" - George Micheal


Turning up at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Trinidad and Tobago International Accounting and Finance Conference was a combination of nostalgia and fun. I saw quite a few old friends and faces. It certainly brought back some memories of my past life and also threw up some lessons that I still have to master - ego and external validation, proving myself to others that I made a the right choice in leaving the profession, I am still at the back of the class working my way forward
The great lesson is I no longer feel guilty about leaving the "steady job" I know I am in the place where I am supposed to be.

All in all a wonderful experience, the speech went well and I took some time to have a drink after with my good buddy Tash

Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism