What is your Definition of a Good Person?

The relationship between guilt and forgiveness may surprise you. 
Guilt is actually a twisted or manipulative way of seeking forgiveness. It is the belief that if you inflict suffering on yourself for your choices, another will forgive you for them. This is belief keeps you in pain because only you can forgive yourself. Maxie McCoy


Sharing lessons from Maryann Hasna
I have experienced a lot of abusive, toxic energy in my lifetimes because of the imaginary identity I was trying to uphold of being a “good person”. I believed surely this was the path to true awakening. What a lie. So grateful for those truly unwell people I had contracts with who I have let into my heart and even my home. They really opened my eyes to the bullshit that sometimes can go along with being a spiritual seeker. How we seek or search for a ways to prove our “goodness”. 
There can be a desire to be in service that is projection of the spiritualized ego. From this place there is a constant need to prove worth, that you’re a “good person” and “specialness”. Somehow you’ve been “chosen”. When the desire to create an identity of being someone who is here to serve, can be released, that is when you can truly be innocent, not attached, without agenda, simply available for whatever wants to be expressed through you as you. 

I dropped the good person expectations and removed all toxic people from my life over the past few years. I changed my phone number recently. I unfollowed a ton of folks that I didn’t find inspiring. Sure there was a little bit of self judgment and guilt left but not a ton(which is healthy). . I walk the path of Oneness.
Yes it is a practice. I’m always generally happy to do the work. I am simultaneously more open and loving AND absolutely more discerning than ever. I am quicker then ever to trust a stranger and to cut someone off who causes me harm. I’m the kindest person in the world until I’m not. Emotional manipulation is one of the most subtle ways that we allow others to cross boundaries.

I used to be easily manipulated by people who are suffering, who felt lost, abandoned, helpless.You can still honor your boundaries and at the same time know that on a subtle level you are one with all . It’s the identification with the roles we play that create attachment. These worldly attachments create blocks to even greater cosmic energy. I don’t believe in good or bad people. I believe in awareness. Awareness is a neutral state, non-dualistic. It is not positive or negative. Not light or dark. Not good or bad. Either way it’s all God.


Last Day to Download the I DeClare
www.akosuadardaineedwards/publications


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism