Personal Boundaries

“When we fail to set boundaries and hold people accountable, we feel used and mistreated. This is why we sometimes attack who they are, which is far more hurtful than addressing a behavior or a choice.”  Brene Brown


Setting Boundaries, having boundaries, executing boundaries- one of the most challenging things for me to do!  There have been times when I find myself in situations where people have overstepped my own boundaries but guess what? I never say nothin! I've figured it out that my silence is due to
1. not wanting to cause a conflict
2. wanting to be liked
3. not wanting to look fussy or "miserable"
4. giving others a "second chance" 
5. rewinding of old tapes
5. thinking I am making a big issue out of a small issue

Almost every time it reaches to a point where things get sticky and blow up! 

What is a boundary? Boundaries are the physical, emotional and mental limits we establish to protect ourselves from being manipulated, used, or violated by others.

Learning to say no without the guilt! that's the clincher

I know, I know No is sometimes the most loving response

Confessions on the Journey - there are a few people, not many, that telling them no is hard. I am getting the hang of it though because on top of it being co-dependent behaviour it also leads to me being taken advantage of in a sense

I am learning, sometimes the hard way, to say no, to draw the line, to speak up!
In fact, if I don't then there will be consequences!

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism